::: Credits :::
Flickr Soup for the Soul
The very first characteristic is not only observable, but actionable. Setting goals must, however, be kept bite-sized so as not to overwhelm or discourage, and conversely, not so tiny that the monitoring of them becomes the task. Another word for goal would be "trading plan", that grouping of patterns, setups, and risk control items that you must have before and after each trade, at the end of the trading day, and for periodic assessment.
- There are clear goals every step of the way;
- There is immediate feedback to one's actions;
- There is a balance between challenge and skills;
- Action and awareness are merged;
- Distractions are excluded from consciousness;
- There is no worry of failure;
- Self-consciousness disappears;
- The sense of time becomes distorted;
- The activity becomes autotelic (pleasurable in its own right).