These notes reflect 'mbh' comments from 18 April through 23 June 2005 and like the Alan Lessons at dacharts.com do not and are not intended to completely document all his methods. In Ensign Software's June 2005 Newsletter, Howard Arrington's compilation of "daManual" (6 July 05 version) is presented in a one-page format. That compilation does not include these updates.
Major revamp of coding: incorporated CSS code throughout, cleaned up orphan files, unified navigation files, freshened up the look with a new template.
12 Dec 2005: Added Sputnik's all new NeoTicker PAS files
12 Dec 2005: Added Currency Pairs Trading Times chart (thanks, Randy)
11 Dec 2005: Added reference to Fox Clocks, multiple time zone clocks on your Browser (Firefox only)
01-11 Dec 2005: Revamped the Strategies (broke up the pages a bit more, expanded some of the sections)
30 Nov 2005: Updated the Market Hours page with Sputnik's Huge Master List of Hours
25 Nov 2005: Added Sierra Chart DLL files, Jh007's implementation for Sierra Chart users. This is a mirror of the discussion at the Sierra Chart Users Forum, which will have Jh007's latest code and comments.
15 Nov 2005: Added Box Magic, Sniffy's template that highlights various Alan Box strategies
05 Nov 2005: Added a few new charts from Alan:
01 Nov 2005: Added Rob Chapman's latest and greatest updated Tradestation Box ELD. From Rob:
"This newer (and hopefully, final) version specifies the lines using arrays rather than individual lines specifications, so it should be more CPU-efficient. It also corrects a problem from original versions which included 49, rather than 48, 10-minute bars in the box. Be sure to check the notes in the .eld if you have any problems."
22 Oct 2005: Wombat World Map!
18 Oct 2005: Updated Rob Chapman's TS ELD
08 October 2005: Revamped the Getting Started & Index pages with links to new content
08 October 2005: Sputnik has provided code for an Alan Box using NeoTicker software. WTG and thanks!
04 October 2005: Linked Sputnik's Transfer Alan Box DYO from the templates page and the main contents page.
02 October 2005: Rob Chapman has sent an updated Tradestation ELD that adds all the quartiles and diagonals from -50% to 150%.
29 September 2005: Ron Chapman has sent a Tradestation ELD that draws a Chart1 Box! Way to Go and Thanks very much!
26 September 2005: For those who are using IB/TWS, there is an Ensign Beta that uses IB refresh. Per Howard Arrington, "by invitation only", meaning if you use it, PLEASE give only constructive feedback as it is Beta and not yet production.
6 September 2005: For those who are using IB/TWS as a data feed to Ensign, Sputnik has figured out how to directly import the IB backfill using the ibcharts.com program. Here is a link to How to Import Data using IBCharts.com. Note: this is a "recovery" approach, when the DTN backfill just doesn't backfill properly, often on the Sunday/Monday overlap.
30 August 2005: Sniffy's Missing Bar Alert has been added.
23 August 2005: Alan has switched the Chart1 box width to 48. Please update your default box (and ESPL) accordingly.
15 August 2005: Added Sniffy's single-line bar count template Replaced w/Missing Bar Alert
12 August 2005: Amended the "60/75 on U contract" to read "fade an UPSIDE move" in the Miscellaneous Strategies page
- Added Sputnik's Tick, Range, Volume Transfer DYOS that allow you to put the 10m angulars on any other intra day chart.
- Reworded the Start and End Time section per Alan's request.
- In Ensign Software's June 2005 Newsletter, Howard Arrington's compilation of "daManual" (6 July version) is presented in a one-page format. Be sure to bookmark it.
- Reworded Start/End & HL section
- Note: ALL material previously linked to the Ensign/alanbox directory have been moved to the daManual directory.
- Added various market hours to Getting Started page
- Added Franko's notes re: FT bars
- Reordered the Territory, FT, and Violations sections to flow better
- Corrected and expanded VBT comments
- Fixed main page links (the links on the left have always worked)
- Please read the copyright notice, which has been in place at all my websites since 1998. Alan Kelland has granted me permission publish this manual at amgallo.com for your personal use only. Use for any other purpose must be made as a request to him and granted by him directly.